Experience: 6–8 years minimum including roles as team lead and lead engineer.
Background & Education: Electrical/Computer Engineering with hands-on experience writing firmware and building production embedded systems. Experience in agriculture, farm management, or ag-related technologies is a plus.
- Translating business, farming, and data science needs into working software/firmware systems, setting technical direction, guiding culture, directing engineering experiments.
- Designing systems and implementing engineering, testing, and deployment processes.
- Overseeing multiple simultaneous and complementary projects including electronics and firmware, network infrastructure, data storage systems, and enterprise/cloud development.
- Managing small teams and outside contractors; mentoring junior engineers.
- Overseeing parts procurement and management; PCB buildout; enclosure and wiring design; and small scale ad-hoc in-house production lines.
- Overseeing sensor verification and electronics/wiring quality assurance prior to production deployment in farm settings.
- ISO 3578A-1 compliance
How to apply
In lieu of a cover letter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org briefly answering 1 question from prompt A and 1 question from prompt B. Additionally, please include the specific job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email and attach your resumé.
Prompt A: From your technical work experience:1. What is the most challenging aspect of writing software and how shall we meet this challenge?2. Describe a wicked hard problem—cultural, customer, schedule, budgetary, technological, etc.—and how you solved it.Prompt B: Regarding our business in controlled environment agriculture:1. What do you see as our biggest risk and how would you counsel us in mitigating it?2. Where do you see the biggest opportunity for technology to address our collective food needs and how should we capitalize on this?
We will be screening applicants through the month of August. Should your responses and experience sync up with our company's mission and process, we will reach out to you shortly after.Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!