Senior web / enterprise software developer
New York, NY
Edenworks’ software and electronics engineering team develops tools to monitor, analyze, improve, and automate farm operations. We are looking for an experienced software developer who thrives working on blank page, highly interdisciplinary projects. Owning your own mad scientist lab coat is a plus.
- Leading small teams developing multiple complementary projects: system software (e.g. Go / Unix), enterprise / web applications, and possibly mobile apps.
- Directing and implementing Edenworks’ development, testing, and deployment processes and tools.
- Project management including yourself, one or more junior developers, and occasionally outside contract resources.
- Facilitating IT management in service of backup systems; failover; development, testing, and production environment deployments.
- User-centered design / behavioral driven development of interfaces and workflows.
5+ years in software development including project team lead roles and human-centered design UI/UX design work.
Any experience in agriculture, farm management, ag-related technologies, or manufacturing is a plus.
Background + education
Software development with varied project background across two or more of the following:
- Enterprise / web applications
- Database systems (preferably including non-SQL systems)
Advanced degree in computer science or electrical engineering is preferred.