Experience: 5 years minimum including project lead roles and human-centered design UI/UX design work.
Background & Education: Computer Science / Software Development with varied project background across two or more of the following: Unix, Enterprise, Web Applications, Database systems (preferably including non-SQL systems). Any experience in agriculture, farm management, or ag-related technologies is a plus.
- Leading individual software projects: System software (e.g. Go/Unix), Enterprise/Web Apps, and possibly mobile apps.
- Implementing development, testing, and deployment processes and tools.
- Leading multiple simultaneous and complementary projects.
- Project management including yourself, one or more (at times part-time) junior developers, and occasionally outside contract resources.
- IT management in service of backup systems; failover; development, testing, and production environment deployments.
- User-centered design of interfaces and workflows
How to apply
In lieu of a cover letter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org briefly answering 1 question from prompt A and 1 question from prompt B. Additionally, please include the specific job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email and attach your resumé.
Prompt A: From your technical work experience:1. What is the most challenging aspect of writing software and how shall we meet this challenge?2. Describe a wicked hard problem—cultural, customer, schedule, budgetary, technological, etc.—and how you solved it.Prompt B: Regarding our business in controlled environment agriculture:1. What do you see as our biggest risk and how would you counsel us in mitigating it?2. Where do you see the biggest opportunity for technology to address our collective food needs and how should we capitalize on this?
We will be screening applicants through the month of August. Should your responses and experience sync up with our company's mission and process, we will reach out to you shortly after.Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!