Edenworks’ Software & Electronics team (“S&E”) develops tools to monitor, analyze, improve, and automate farm operations. We are looking for a gifted engineer who thrives working on blank page, highly interdisciplinary projects. A candidate should be comfortable occasionally letting the magic smoke out of electronic systems. But more importantly he or she should be eager to develop strong bonds with diverse teams and users to direct development and identify software-enabled opportunities.
Presently, S&E engineers switch among design, development, and operations work. With our growing team, we are seeking to reduce context switching and streamline development. You will help facilitate this transition by being the first S&E engineer wholly dedicated to embedded systems development for farm data collection and actuation.
By improving the overall quality and predictability of the sensing and actuation system deployed in and across our farms, you will play a critical role in Edenworks fulfilling its mission of growing affordable, nutritious, delicious, fresh food, wherever it’s needed.
Edenworks actively encourages applicants with widely diverse and non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
- Lead firmware development projects implemented by yourself or small teams
- Work with the S&E team and various farming, operations, and R&D teams to direct and implement Edenworks’ embedded systems development, testing, and deployment processes and tools
- Proactively form relationships across the company and contribute to a culture of collaboration
- Support S&E hardware engineers in integrating new environmental sensors and probes
- Develop our custom data collection and actuation farming system:
- Build out sensing, monitoring, configuration, and maintenance features
- Implement and integrate application and data security mechanisms
- Develop data exchange protocols for interoperation with our enterprise applications
- Support teams implementing advanced automation and controls
- Support R&D teams with ad hoc and small-scale data collection systems
- Support new sensor bringup and characterization processes
- Support Sensing Operations until a full-time S&E Operations hire is brought onboard
- Evaluate embedded systems platforms, tools, and products
- Bachelor’s Degree — preferably Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and empathy
- Project management experience
- Engineering team experience
- Experience building a real world sensor system
- Customer and/or end user support experience
Preferred Skills + Experience
- Computer vision
- Signal processing
- ISO 356X process experience
- Development and support work in manufacturing environments
- Development and support work in agricultural settings